The following is an excerpt from Prof. Spira’s new eBook Spira Speaks: Dialogs and Essays on the Mucusless Diet Healing System, find it HERE.
Greetings Brothers and Sisters!
Below is an excerpt from my soon to be released Ebook on practicing a mucusless lifestyle. These are some general ideas to consider when beginning the transition diet.
Mucus Forming Foods:
- Meat, Poultry, Dairy, Grains, & Starches
- Meat, poultry, and dairy are the most dangerous mucus formers and should be avoided from the beginning. I used certain grains and starches, such as well-toasted 100% sprouted wheat bread and 100% wheat spaghetti as early transitionary mucuses, i.e. mucus-lean options.
- Starchless/Fatless Fruits and Green-Leafy Vegetables
Deceptive Mucus Formers:
Here is a list of foods that many people do not realize create mucus:
- Rice (great for creating glue to bind books, bad for the transition)
- Avocados (fatty fruit that may be used on the transition, but is highly addictive. It is recommended to stay away from them if you are already not stuck to them.)
- Nuts (Mucus-forming, but may be used on the transition. It is best to eat with dried fruits like raisins to aid with elimination)
- Plantains (starchy)
- Unripened fruits like green bananas (the riper the fruit you eat the better)
- Corn (it does not eliminate well. When cooked, it gets all mushy in the intestines)
- Corn chips (some people use it on the transition, but they are very addictive and do not eliminate well)
- Beans (they are very starchy and mucus-forming. But, they may be used sparingly on the transition in within close proximity to green-leafy salads)
- White potatoes
List of good transitionary habits to remember:
- Avoid drinking with meals. If you must drink after a meal wait at least five minutes before doing so. Wait more than 30 minutes if possible. Mixing liquid with solid food impedes the body’s ability to digest and eliminate waste. The body craves simplicity and will eliminate better without such mixtures.
- Most fruits and vegetables do not combine well. If you are eating a meal with fruits and vegetables eat the fruits first—wait a few minutes, and then eat the salad/vegetables.
- Eat no more than two meals a day, eliminating breakfast. Aim for an all fruit meal in the afternoon and a combination salad/cooked vegetable meal in the evening. Fresh fruit and/or vegetable juices may be consumed throughout the day.
- Always combine mucus-formers with salad and vegetables. On days when old mucuses are craved use a transitionary mucus and be sure to include a lot of salad and vegetables.
- Do not be hard on yourself for craving mucus and eating some. Everyone falls off of the wagon sometimes, especially in the beginning. The key is to change your body’s chemistry so that you no longer crave, or can even eat, the foods that are harmful to you. Mucus becomes about as appetizing as Clorox bleach.
- Irrigate the colon with a (lemon) enema regularly, or when necessary. (Details for preparing enema in my book Spira Speaks: Dialogs and Essays on the Mucusless Diet Healing System)
- Surround yourself with supportive people. Misery loves company and eating is the greatest form of social unity known to humankind. Fruits and vegetables seem natural, but people conditioned and poisoned by Western dietary ideals often react with resentment and fear. Plug into positive people who are also interested in healing themselves.
- Always follow a fast with a period of mucusless menus. Do not break a fast with mucus and be aware of the feeling to binge. If you have transitioned properly and have broken the fast effectively you can avoid such problems.
- Enjoy the healing process. There is nothing more important than your health!
#1 – Avoid Eating mucus.
#2 – Mucus forming foods include meat, dairy, grains and starches.
#3 – See rule #1.
Peace, Love, and Breath!
Download these revolutionary eBooks today!
*Disclaimer: This excerpt is not medical or nutritional advice, but a sharing of ideas about health based upon the experiences of Prof. Spira and principles found in Arnold Ehret’s Mucusless Diet Healing System. This post is for educational purposes only.